Podcast Episode #18: My journey as a business owner, the ups and downs of building and scaling a creative business
I’m back after a hiatus and a 1,000 mile move and I’m sharing my journey as an entrepreneur and mother from borrowing money to buy my first camera to running a 7 figure photography studio. I’m talking about the big ups and downs that led me to exactly where I am today, including why we sold it all and moved!
Here are some of the topics in today’s episode:
- The early years of running our business while growing our family
- The challenges, fears and blocks I faced trying to scale our business with multiple revenue streams
- Why business owners come face to face with their biggest fears
- The turning point in my business when I figured out how to never be copied again
- Why and how we sold everything and moved 1,000 miles south!
- The REAL “secret” to achieving financial success while experiencing health of mind, body and spirit
- The daily practice that helps me overcome ADHD symptoms and see my brain as a gift instead of a curse
Ready to join my coaching community? We’d love to see you in there!
Use code: PODCAST to save 50%.
Here’s the link: http://www.heidihope.com/shesgonefree
Find more courses on http://www.heidihopelearning.com
Our book club pick this month is “Into the Magic Shop” by James R. Doty, MD. A Neurosurgeon’s Quest to Discover the Mysteries of the Brain and the Secrets of the Heart.
In this recording of our book club call we talked about:
- The 3 part process of manifestation
- How I manifested my first million dollar year in business!
- The limiting beliefs that keep us stuck in repetitive patterns
- The power of compassion and the ability to overcome adversity to discover your true potential
- Doing vs. being, where the real magic happens
- The almost magical power of belief and conviction
Have a listen below and let me know what you think in the comments!
I want to know, what’s something cool you have manifested?
I don’t blog much anymore, but how could I not share these?! If you miss my blog posts, be sure to follow me on Instagram where I post much more often.
This was such a breathtaking sunrise with two sweet babies and their beautiful mom and dad! We walked over to the beach before the sun came up. It was almost too dark to take photos as the light started creeping into the night sky. Slowly, the sky caught fire. And then, it was magic!
These are a few of my favorite things <3 .
It was a big day for this handsome peanut! We celebrated his first birthday in style with a Dumbo inspired cakesmash and backdrop hand painted just for him. As always, a huge thanks to Sweet Indulgence for the yummy cake. He was loving it until it tipped over… then, well, you can see how he felt about the mess in the last photos! In a few short months, JJ will be promoted to big brother. That last photo is pretty much how I feel about being a middle child, so I totally feel ya little guy. 😉
Special thanks to Sarah Zollo Photography for being my right hand lady AND sharing your gorgeous studio space for this session.
A cake smash and a pizza smash, OH MY! D’s family has an amazing Italian Restaurant in Massachusetts so you may have seen his big brother’s photo (from when he turned one at our studio) on the side of their catering van driving around Central Ma. Well, big brother can’t have all of the fun! New baby, new van, new photo!
I had fun painting the Italian Pizzeria scene, but not nearly as much fun as D had devouring his Pizza. These kids know how to eat!
And those eyes. Can we talk about those? No, you’re right, we don’t have to. The photos say it all <3 <3 <3
I loved photographing this milestone session in their gorgeous house and capturing both boys playing in their rooms. I mean, mom does such an impeccable job decorating, these belong in a magazine! Thanks for the fun shoot D and family. <3